If you’ve been cheated on and betrayed by your partner and now you feel like you’re going absolutely “crazy,” let me tell you… you’re far from alone!
I know only all too well the emotional and psychological trauma that results from a partner’s infidelity and betrayal… I’ve been there.
I’ve felt like I was blindsided by a bus… emotionally bruised, battered, and broken. Overwhelmed, angry, confused, isolated, embarrassed, contaminated, and profoundly alone. In a word… devastated.
And these feelings are only compounded when you discover your partner has betrayed you multiple times… When you start to wonder whether or not you’ve been in a relationship with a sex addict.
So, if you feel like you’re on an emotional roller coaster careening from rage to tears to fear…
First and foremost you need to understand that what you’re feeling is a natural, even an inevitable, response to finding out you’ve been betrayed by the person you thought you were closest to.
In fact, research shows that people who’ve discovered their partner’s betrayal experience the same type of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as soldiers who’ve been in battle.
Is it any wonder you’re suffering from anxiety, depression, mood swings, panic attacks, nightmares, flashbacks, hyper-vigilance, and an inability to focus on basic day-to-day tasks?!?
Even if you’re the type of person who’s always felt you can handle whatever life throws your way, let me tell you… nothing in your life can prepare you for this kind of betrayal.
So, go easy on yourself!
Try not to judge or blame yourself for what you’re thinking and feeling.
No matter how excessive or overwhelming your emotions may feel right now, they are perfectly normal reactions to the circumstances in which, through no fault of your own, you now find yourself.
Which leads us to the next point…
You need to remember and keep telling yourself that this is NOT your fault!
Of course, you may be thinking… “If none of this is my fault, then why am I the one who should be getting help?”
The quick answer is… Because you deserve it.
Even if you didn’t cause this situation, you’ve been hurt badly.
You deserve to understand why.
And you deserve to get the empathetic support you need and deserve to figure out how to move forward and heal from the horrible mess that your partner’s created.
In individual and group sessions, I offer nonjudgmental support and guidance to help partners of sex addicts just like you take incremental, positive steps towards healing, including how to:
- Figure out whether the person you’re in a relationship with truly suffers from sex addiction
- Understand the nature of sex addiction and why your partner’s addiction is not your fault or responsibility… despite what many may claim, your partner’s behavior has nothing to do with you being an enabler, codependent, or any other shaming label
- Practice techniques to calm your mind, so you can regain a sense of control and put an end to the seemingly unrelenting flood of thoughts, images, what-if scenarios, and suspicions
- Determine whom you can talk to about all of this… and whom you probably shouldn’t
- Figure out how to talk with your partner about his or her betrayal… and whether you even should
- Choose between staying with your partner, leaving, or putting your relationship into a “safe harbor” for a period of time while you make the decision
- Learn that you don’t have to choose between staying with your addict or living the rest of your life on your own
- … And a whole lot more!
You’re NOT broken. You CAN learn to create the healthy, intimate, loving relationship you desire.
Yes, you’ll never be able to go back to the way things were… But, that’s a good thing!
Believe me, you don’t want to go back… The way out is forward.
The good news is that hope is available.
You can learn techniques that can help you heal, improve your self-care, set appropriate boundaries for your own behavior, and deal with the numerous challenges you’re facing.
You CAN learn to cope with the shame and trauma of discovering your partner is a sex addict, regain your equilibrium, feel better, and learn how to create healthier relationships and move forward with self-confidence and optimism… And the individual coaching I provide can help!
Click on the button below to learn more, or click here to schedule a free initial consultation. I look forward to meeting you… but the person you’re really about to meet is yourself!